Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5.3 swap

Really Really new to LS world but have general knowledge of motors but have decided to undergo a rebuild of a 5.3 liter my friend sold me for 250$. Goal is to get it in a fox body with a MT 😆 Have stripped down to rotating assembly but have not touched pistons or rods. Planning on Getting new parts for mostly everytbing besides what can still be used. Ive heard the crank and block are solid and some other misc parts but most will get new parts. I知 aiming to keep the same 706 heads but go up in port and valve size. Texas speed sells a better set of heads ported to 220cc intake and 84 cc exhaust. The valves would go up to 2.045intake and 1.600 exhaust. the new combustion chamber would be 64 ccs. This would also come with the .660 lift spring kit and 7.400 long Pushrods. All this with the idea in mind of slapping a turbo on there. Only aiming for max 500 nothing crazy. Can anyone help me as to if i知 on the right track here or if i知 gonna blow something up. I知 sure the valves and seats would be machined but i知 worried ab the bore and PTV clearance during the strokes and i really don稚 want bent valves. Will this be an issue for me? WhT would i need to do to avoid this? ive hesrd idea of over boring to a 5.7 and that is an option as the walls look to be needing a hone but ive searched for day and maybe im lookin in wrong places but would appreciate the help. Thank you !
Old 09-23-2022, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3,146 Likes on 2,453 Posts

This is the correct forum for your post.
Please delete all other copies

Quick Reply: 5.3 swap