Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panel for fusebox/relays??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2022 | 12:40 AM
Launching!

Question Panel for fusebox/relays??

Hey guys, I'm looking at setting up the mounting panel for electrical components (fusebox & relays), but I don't know what the "best practice" for that is. Specifically, I'm wondering how important it is if the mounting material is conductive or not - does it really matter?? I have some 1/8"-thick bare aluminum that I could use, but if that's not the best idea, I also have some translucent white plastic (although I don't know how conductive that might be...)

As far as the actual function of the relays, I'm pretty comfortable with that, I'm just wanting to be sure that I adhere (as much as I'm able) to best practice - because accidental fires tend to really suck. Thanks in advance for any help/guidance/advice.
Old 11-16-2022 | 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like to use something non-conductive such as a plastic (?) cutting board just in case the back of the fuse panel has a contact or two to short out. I also mount a 1/4" x 20 nut and bolt somewhere on the board and bring power from the solenoid to that terminal and distribute from there. This will ease the number of wires going to the BATT terminal of the solenoid.
The following users liked this post:
Cheese Weasel (11-16-2022)
Old 11-16-2022 | 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure what the use case is, but I agree with 33willys. Use a non-conductive material for mounting. You can get sheets of HDPE on Amazon or from Taps Plastics that isn't too expensive.
The following users liked this post:
Cheese Weasel (11-16-2022)
Old 11-17-2022 | 03:40 PM
On The Tree
10 Year Member

I've used marine Starboard from Amazon.

Quick Reply: Panel for fusebox/relays??