Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lm7 alternator wiring issue.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 11:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lm7 alternator wiring issue.

Hello all. After looking over the forums and finding much needed information here already I have hit a snag. My 05 Tahoe was in need of a engine harness swap. I pulled a harness from a junk yard unit and all I could find after looking through every Chevy on the yard where 3 wire alternators. Mine is a 2 wire with the alternator monitor sensor on the negative terminal ground wire for battery. The grey and brown wire on the 3 wire both pin out the same on the ecm as my 2 wire but there is a 3rd blue wire that shows to go the brake warning system on the 3 wire. My truck also has the blue wire coming out of the same plug that's located underneath the under hood fuse block. Black with green tape. But what the heck does it connect to since I'm using the 2 wire alt. ?? I can't seem to find a schematic that shows much of anything but engine/trans information. Does anyone know what to do with that wire or possibly ran into this situation before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-02-2023, 12:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Never mind. The information I needed was staring me right in the face right here in a big sticky. Think hours of staring at little black and white lines on pages has warped my brain.
The following 2 users liked this post by Txhayseed:
G Atsma (04-02-2023), Project GatTagO (04-06-2023)

Quick Reply: Lm7 alternator wiring issue.