Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ibooster issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Ibooster issue

I know a few people have been looking at this brake booster swap, so I figured I would ask here. I've got the gen 1 ibooster installed and all wired up. It works well, except that it vibrates when you bottom out the pedal. I've tried lengthening and shortening the pushrod from the pedal, and that just changes the spot where the pedal starts vibrating. It almost feels like how the pedal vibrates with antilock brakes. Any thoughts?
Old 04-18-2023, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 543 Likes on 341 Posts

I hope that's not the typical pedal feedback. I'll be swapping mine in soon and hopefully I'll be able to give my feedback soon. I have a gen1 iBooster from a Model S.
Old 04-18-2023, 04:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Cool

Does the Gen 1 have adjustable pedal position sensor? I have a Gen2 and its not adjustable.

Old 04-19-2023, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 908 Posts

I did not experience any sort of pedal pulsation when we powered up my Gen 1 iBooster. I read somewhere that the pushrod should be adjusted in such a way as to always have a little force on it, just a little...I did that, and the pedal was really smooth, with short travel, and a firm pedal when pushed hard, without any pulsing.

Andrew
Old 04-19-2023, 04:54 PM
Launching!

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Project GatTagO
I did not experience any sort of pedal pulsation when we powered up my Gen 1 iBooster. I read somewhere that the pushrod should be adjusted in such a way as to always have a little force on it, just a little...I did that, and the pedal was really smooth, with short travel, and a firm pedal when pushed hard, without any pulsing.

Andrew
When you say little force? Does that mean at rest? I will be using a gen2, but mine is set up with a small gap(and when I say this it's that normal gap you feel with a brake pedal before it starts engaging) but have yet to power it up. I am making brake lines this weekend hopefully.
Old 04-19-2023, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by 02redchevy
When you say little force? Does that mean at rest? I will be using a gen2, but mine is set up with a small gap(and when I say this it's that normal gap you feel with a brake pedal before it starts engaging) but have yet to power it up. I am making brake lines this weekend hopefully.
As I understand it, the pedal position sensor needs to have a little bit of positive pressure on it all the time. I adjusted the push rod so it had slack, then lengthened the rod until the slack was taken out.

Andrew

Quick Reply: Ibooster issue