Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my idea here crazy

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2023, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Is my idea here crazy

So I'm a proud owner of a 00 trans am and got a job that requires more commuting where there is snow so DDing is out around half the year. Well I found a NBS Tahoe I really like but the lm7 plus weight of the hoe seems lack luster. Well in my searching I found a 04 escalade with a 6.0 and a tranny missing third for 2k. Would I be crazy to buy the caddy, take the 6.0, put it in the firebird, and also take the replaced ls1 and put it in the Tahoe? I've been doing some reading and it seems pretty straightforward and my mind tells me it's two engine swaps for the price of one. I'd appreciate the input of the many great minds here.
Old 05-31-2023, 02:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 501 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbs1994
So I'm a proud owner of a 00 trans am and got a job that requires more commuting where there is snow so DDing is out around half the year. Well I found a NBS Tahoe I really like but the lm7 plus weight of the hoe seems lack luster. Well in my searching I found a 04 escalade with a 6.0 and a tranny missing third for 2k. Would I be crazy to buy the caddy, take the 6.0, put it in the firebird, and also take the replaced ls1 and put it in the Tahoe? I've been doing some reading and it seems pretty straightforward and my mind tells me it's two engine swaps for the price of one. I'd appreciate the input of the many great minds here.
Yes, that idea is nuts. You add the weight of an iron block to your firebird, then maybe have to tap holes in the heads for your accessory brackets. Put the 6.0 in the Tahoe, and do a lot less work to get what you want (more Tahoe power). Of course, opinions vary.
The following 2 users liked this post by gametech:
G Atsma (05-31-2023), IMPALAMAN1 (06-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Is my idea here crazy