Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dakota Digital Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2023 | 08:26 AM
Teching In

Default Dakota Digital Cruise Control

5.3LS truck motor with a 6l80E transmission was programmed by Speartech. E38 and T43
Dakota Digital CRC 1000 cruise control and BIM Module and VHX guages,
Cruise control powers up but will not engage when the set button is pushed. Green indicator light comes on when pushing set or resume /accelerate but cruise does not engage.
I've talked with DD on multiple occasions and walked through all the wiring and checked all the voltages and resistance and all are within the design parameters set by DD.
Also talked to Speartech, they say everything they did is correct although the tune that came back is for a 2012 6.2L corvette and the speed on the DD is off by 20%.

Anyone else have this experience and what is the solution to get the cruise operational.

Thanks
Old 06-13-2023 | 08:50 AM
TECH Resident

Sounds like your pulse per mile is off. See what it is supposed to be for the 6L80 and make sure you programmed the DD controller for the correct setting.

T,
The following users liked this post:
Old Buzzard (06-13-2023)
Old 06-13-2023 | 03:25 PM
Teching In

I've searched and can't find what the PPM should be. Also appears that the speed (VSS) is an output from the E38 ECM and not the transmission. In HP Tuners on the speedo calibration page everything seems to be correct. Review of the DD documentation doesn't say anything about setting PPM, especially since I'm using a BIM module.

Quick Reply: Dakota Digital Cruise Control