Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4.8 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2024 | 06:10 PM

Post 4.8 Swap

New member here. I plan on swapping in a 4.8L single turbo into my first car (1996 Cherokee) and am trying to make a list of what's needed. can anyone make sure I'm not missing anything or give any tips.
BTR stage 4 cam. high volume oil pump, oil catch can, spark plugs, 80lb injectors, coil pack, fuel pump, throttle body, stand alone ecu, HPP turbo kit.
I plan on leaving the bottom end stock and using mostly stock accessory drive components. I guarantee I'm missing things but I'm still planning everything for this build and hope its a good learning experience for me. also I'm a welder so I don't mind fabbing parts if that helps. Also with the 4l60e should i spend the money to get it rebuilt or just slap a torque converter in and send it? Thanks.
Old 01-30-2024 | 06:55 PM
TECH Resident
10 Year Member

4L60E will need to be upgraded to 4L75E specs to even stand a chance with decent boost. Be better off starting with a 4L80E.

The BTR Stage 4 Turbo cam is way overkill unless this is a strip-only deal. The Summit 8728R1 would work great in a turbo 4.8L. Excellent part throttle response and quick spooling. Not only would it be a great weekend warrior, but you could daily it.

Quick Reply: 4.8 Swap