Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks to LS1 Tech Forum!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2024, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thanks to LS1 Tech Forum!!!

Just wanted to say a quick thank you to whoever set up this forum and to all the moderators and posters for helping me find all the answers to my questions for my LS2/T56 swap in my 68 Camaro. It's been a huge help to be able to find everything I need to know here.

I bought (traded for actually) a 1968 Camaro with the LS2 and T56 out of a 2006 GTO already in it. About 40 miles or so of driving and the rod bearings started knocking. So, out came the engine and trans for a rebuild. I do not blame the guy I got it from, I've known him a while and he flips cars and doesn't do mechanical work. I think whoever he got it from had spun a rod bearing and just replaced the bearing without fixing the crank or replacing the rod. Anywho, my build got a little carried away as I ended up upgrading all the fasteners with ARP, adding Eagle rods, and forged pistons and a BTR Stage II LS3 cam along with springs, pushrods, and trunion kit. I also replaced the clutch to Centerforce DFX clutch and replaced throwout bearing/slave cylinder and pilot bearing while I was at it. It's almost ready to fire up. I spent the whole day yesterday dropping the long block and trans back in. Should have it running tomorrow or Tuesday.

The following 4 users liked this post by stc315:
Fullmetalnapkin (02-26-2024), G Atsma (02-25-2024), Homer_Simpson (02-26-2024), Seadoorxpguy (02-26-2024)

Quick Reply: Thanks to LS1 Tech Forum!!!