Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How strong is DBW pedal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024 | 03:46 AM
Launching!
5 Year Member

Default How strong is DBW pedal?

I recently installed the DBW throttle pedal that came with my E-Rod swap using an aluminum bar. I noticed that the pedal bottoms out slightly before it actually touches the pedal stop in the S13. I also noticed that the pedal does NOT seem to have any sort of spring mechanism to take up any extra force put on the pedal beyond that needed to push the pedal all the way down. Therefore, without a pedal stop at just the right position, any extra force put on the pedal is taken up entirely by the pedal itself.

Is this something I need to worry about? Will this eventually damage the pedal? And do I need to do what I can to try to make sure the pedal touches the stop just as the pedal is fully depressed?
Old 05-10-2024 | 08:35 AM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by StorminMatt
I recently installed the DBW throttle pedal that came with my E-Rod swap using an aluminum bar. I noticed that the pedal bottoms out slightly before it actually touches the pedal stop in the S13. I also noticed that the pedal does NOT seem to have any sort of spring mechanism to take up any extra force put on the pedal beyond that needed to push the pedal all the way down. Therefore, without a pedal stop at just the right position, any extra force put on the pedal is taken up entirely by the pedal itself.

Is this something I need to worry about? Will this eventually damage the pedal? And do I need to do what I can to try to make sure the pedal touches the stop just as the pedal is fully depressed?
In all my time on this forum, I have never seen anyone break a DBW pedal.

Andrew
The following users liked this post:
Tommy42088 (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024 | 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic
15 Year Member

I done two DBW pedals. Never broke one. Make sure it doesn't bottom out on the floor/carpet before you get full travel.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (05-10-2024)

Quick Reply: How strong is DBW pedal?