Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2024, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

Ok so here's what I have I need help with what to do. I have a 408 stroker 6.0 based running the fitech ultimate Ls ECU and harness and I am have a over heating issue. It has a champion radiator with 2 12" puller fans @2300cfm each; so total of 4600cfm with a full shroud. I am also running the Holley mid mount accessory set up with a 180° thermostat. I know normal operation temp for Ls is normally 210° but it is steadily climbing to 230°+ and I shut it down. Car is a fresh build and I'm confused after upgrading fans, t stat, water pump. The steam port cross over is plumbed directly to the back of the water pump. I parked the car on a incline with the cap off to get the coolant to burp. Temps steadily climb to those temp while driving just normally. Any ideas on what the issue can be? I have verified that the fans are on and pulling in the correct direction. When I shut the car down at these temps it's not steaming over or blowing out coolant or surging. I'm just lost on where to go next and don't want to trash this motor. Build only has 40 miles on it since completed.
Old 05-31-2024, 10:04 AM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

What water pump are using?
FYI, if you switch to an electric water pump, note that they have the thermostat in their inlet tube and you have to remove the stock thermostat. Hence I ask about your water pump.
I assume the upper radiator tube is not getting hot when the engine overheats?

Quick Reply: Need some help