Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1991 LS1 Cadillac Brougham?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 LS1 Cadillac Brougham?

I'm here to ask a couple questions about swapping a LS-1 into my dads 91 Cadillac. He had a minor engine fire which destoryed the engine harness on the TBI 305, which is pretty worn out. He has a 0 mile 98 Camaro LS1 sitting on the garage floor, so he was wondering what problems he would run into swapping. Is the oil pan going to fit or do I need to cut it down? I'm probably going to use the S&P engine mount adaptors. I'm not sure on what manifolds would fit. I haven't looked for space on accessory bracets, but I think theres alot of room in front of the engine. Can I make the original cluster work with the new sensors, or do I have to put dual sensors? Any thing I'm missing? Thanks.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Haven't heard of this swap but that doesn't mean it won't work! You may have to just drop the motor in first and see if it'll clear....either that or measure some key reference points on your SBC pan and transfer these to the LS1 for verification. You can still use the OEM gauges. You may want to review my swap for some of your answers here http://www.montecarloss.com/ls1montecarloss/

Quick Reply: 1991 LS1 Cadillac Brougham?