Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 in nova

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004 | 11:46 PM
Staging Lane

Default ls1 in nova

i have a 62 nova with a fuel injected 350, 700r4 tranny, and a jag. indep. rearend. i jus picked up a 98 Ls1 and t56 tranny out of a camaro... i dunno how much you guys know about swapping these engines or anything but im obviously going to be doing many performance mods to it. my first question would be fuel pump.. how big do i need... i already have a small holley one for my current setup i also already have a return line.. i know the ls1 doesnt have a return line.. do i have to convert the fuel rail to a return type? also if anyone knows about wiring harnesses.. painless or s&p... also the computer has been reprogrammed for a t56 do i need to take any more codes out so it will run, like vats and stuff liek that.. ill most likely have more questions later on... thanx
Old 09-15-2004 | 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

I just use a front mount regulator. then have the return coming off of the regulator back to the line. Then from the regulator dead headed into the rails. I did my own wiring harness, but I hear Speartech does awesome work and hes a sponsor here. I had vats programmed out of the Pcm although you can run a vats module that will bypass it also. Im not sure on your fuel pump, the LS1 needs 58 PSI so as long as it can do that it should work, just depends on your mods. I run a Bosch 420L pump but it is overkill for me, handles like 950 HP or something like that.