Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which harness is best?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 09:04 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

We are higher than some, lower than others, but the quality is surpassed by no one!
Amen! I bought my harness over three years ago and have had zero issues. It's a piece of art!

Keep up the great work John!
Old 10-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if any of the above mentioned harness's include the knock sensor harness? I am trying to figure out if I need to buy it from the dealer. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I doubt it. Most of them just use the plug at the back of the intake since the knock sensor harness usually stays with the engine.
Kind of like how most of them don't include the coil harness, they usually plug in to the connector at that point. I am sure one of them could make it if asked though. It's probbaly just 2 wires and 3 connectors isn't it?
Old 10-06-2004, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

I've been modifying my own harness and it's taking ages. Hope to get it running within a few weeks, though...
Old 10-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

One more vote for Speartech, he custom built mine with custom lengths, additional disconnects, specific sensors etc. All for a very fair price, and delivered on schedule, which is more than I can say for most vendors. He was also able to make cooling fan relay harnesses to plug right into my C5 radiator fans.

if your project is at all non-standard (and it should be in this forum) then I don't see how you can get a better harness.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anyone know if any of the above mentioned harness's include the knock sensor harness?
They have a connector for you to connect the one from the motor since you can't disconnect the knock sensor harness without yanking the intake manifold.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think there are a couple companies that will make the harness custom and to the specifications like extra lengths, and plugging in to the fans. That's why I thought it might be kind of neat to have a magazine or something do some kind of comparison test. I am sure John would come out on top.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:29 AM
Launching!

John, the harness is the last piece I need to complete my conversion. I am convinced you are the best person for this job. My LS1 has no accessories, only a Meziere race electric water pump, and the alternator mounted low on the drivers side. Can you make a custom harness for this setup? Thanks

Originally Posted by Speartech
Our harnesses are custom made for your application as opposed to the "one size fits all" approach. You tell us where you want to mount your computer; we don't tell you.

Our harnesses come with a nice split loom covering for a nicer look, instead of wire ties and no covering.

We build harnesses for all years of the LS1 (97-04) and its variants (4.8, 5.3, 6.0, 8.1). Our harnesses don’t require the limited use 98 PCM (unless the customer already has or wants this PCM).

These engines have changed over the years and our harnesses have changed with the engines. In 2001 the high flow 85mm 5-pin mass airflow sensor came out and many customers are using this MAF sensor. With our custom harness, we build to suit the features and options of your setup.

We pioneered the use of the electronic throttle on retrofit LS1/LS6 applications and are now building approximately 50% of our harnesses with this feature. The street rodders love it, and most of the others don't address this or any of the other changes that have taken place on this engine series.

Our method of custom building costs more than the mass production "cookie cutter" way of doing it, but the fit and finish of the final product is worth it to many, many customers.

We also believe that the best results come from setting up the total engine control package. This is why we not only build the harness, but also program the PCM specifically for your vehicle. We don’t use any VATS modules, tricker resistors, O2 sims, etc., with our harnesses. You tell us about your setup (gear ratio, tire size, emissions equipment, etc.) and we’ll program the PCM specifically for that setup. The results of this total approach method means that your new powertrain will operate as designed in your vehicle without any extra gadgets or modules; and without the check engine light being on all of the time.

Another advantage of the custom build approach is with the combinations you guys are putting together these days! We’ve built harnesses for about any mix and match setup you can imagine. How about an LS1 engine with 4L80E transmission, 75mm MAF sensor, electronic throttle, 7 feet long! What’s the painless part number for that one?

We are higher than some, lower than others, but the quality is surpassed by no one!
Old 10-07-2004, 05:23 PM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sure can!

We did a harness for someone else that was using a Meziere pump, and we brought the power wire for the pump right out of the harness for him. As long as you tell us which alternator your using and where it's at, we'll make it that way. Also, if you measure from the back of the engine to wherever you want to mount the PCM, that's how long we'll make it.

John

Originally Posted by 55LS1
John, the harness is the last piece I need to complete my conversion. I am convinced you are the best person for this job. My LS1 has no accessories, only a Meziere race electric water pump, and the alternator mounted low on the drivers side. Can you make a custom harness for this setup? Thanks
Old 10-09-2004, 02:51 AM
Launching!

Sounds great! So your kit is completely wrapped and covered when you ship it? Do you have any pics? I need something really clean for my 55 chevy/LS1 swap. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Speartech
Sure can!

We did a harness for someone else that was using a Meziere pump, and we brought the power wire for the pump right out of the harness for him. As long as you tell us which alternator your using and where it's at, we'll make it that way. Also, if you measure from the back of the engine to wherever you want to mount the PCM, that's how long we'll make it.

John
Old 10-10-2004, 05:33 PM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, they are. There are pictures of our custom formed harnesses on our web site.

http://www.speartech.com/customharnessinfo.html

Originally Posted by 55LS1
Sounds great! So your kit is completely wrapped and covered when you ship it? Do you have any pics? I need something really clean for my 55 chevy/LS1 swap. Thanks.

91 Z28 LS2 408CI, LS9 Supercharger, LPE GT7 cam, Yank3000, 3450 raceweight.
Latest numbers: 9.71 ET, 141.42 MPH, 1.40 60' , 610 RWHP Mustang Dyno

www.speartech.com

Quick Reply: which harness is best?!?!?