Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Gen Headers!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 12:56 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2nd Gen Headers!!

Just called Schoenfeld about a header I spotted a few months ago on their web site. It's a small block Ford header designed for a 2nd gen Camaro clip:

http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/ford_street_stock.htm

I called and asked whether this header would fit a stock clip, and explained that I intended to cut off the Ford flanges and weld them to an LS1 flange. The tech agreed that this should work, and offered to build them with LS1 flanges in the first place - he says they have built their SBF headers with LS1 flanges "quite a few times". I ordered them up - $209 plus shipping. When they arrive, I'll take some measurements and let you know how they look. For this price, I'm not expecting miracles in quality, but it's hugely cheaper than custom, they have 1-3/4 inch primaries, and they look pretty close to equal length.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm.... we'll need lots of pics (and measurements) when you get them.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

I'll be eagerly awaiting your opinion of fit of these headers. I was going to cut my Hooker long tubes to fit- that would be very tough.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:22 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I thought about this option whne I did my headers but opted to make my own that would be true equal length and stepped. Might be a very good low cost option for people. Thanks for the reminder and please do share your results!
Old 10-05-2004, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Please post pics! i need headers for my 72/ls1!!!
Old 10-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To keep expectations from getting too high, I'm not going to begin the swap for another month or two - weather is nice enough here in the Northwest right now I don't want to take the car off the road, and I'm waiting on a bunch of engine parts to finish building the motor before I swap it in.

I will bolt them up when they get here, take some pics on the engine stand, and make some key measurements at the usual interference points. I'll also leak test them somehow.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Headers!!