Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS?? Something in my '79 Monte.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS?? Something in my '79 Monte.

Tell me what do you guys think I still have my monte from high school. I was gonna put a vintage 400c.i. small block in it (i'm selling it by the way) but then I saw the SLP ZL402 and said now there is an idea then got on this web site and well... Now I want a 7L LS7 Who knows what is gonna happen with that? I want to use a Richmond Over Drive 6 speed. I think itll run like a **** and get all kinds of attention
Old 10-17-2004, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, most of the NA 402 guys are making close if not the same as the NA 427 guys. The intake manifold becomes a restriction which kinda limits the 427. Not only that, but have you ever priced a 427? They are big bucks. I would stick with the 402 if you dont mind the iron block. If you want a 402 in aluminum, then you might want to consider building a stroked ls2. If you are serious about the 427, then I would contact steve at www.raceenginedevelopment.com/ His name here on the site is "Steve - Race Eng" He helped develop the darton wet sleeve method. This type of sleeving is much stronger and durable then dry sleeves. I dont think the sleeves are able to slip. If you provide a block, he will bore it and resleeve it for somewhere around 2500. After that, you need the sleeves honed/bored depending on what size bore you want. I think the sleeves are 4.1 inch bore and you can bore them out to 4.155. I found this link, it has some good pics of the darton sleeves. Enjoy
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ighlight=steve