Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 corvette filter

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 corvette filter

i just got my 99 corvette fuel filter and i am a lil lost?!? like what is the wire that is hooked up to it and do i have to run a 12 volt source to this thing or what?!? and how do you get a AN fitting to the inlet on the filter, there is that one fitting where you have to have a stock like thing to go inside like on the fuel rail?!? and i got a compression fitting on one of the outlets, but i could get one on the return?!? do i have to have that welded on or what?!? thanks for the help guys

daniel
Old 10-20-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

The wire is a ground so that static electricity doesn't build up and ignite the fuel. I used Russell hard tube adapters on the in and out, but had to use fuel injection rated rubber hose (not pictured) on the return.

Old 10-20-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Just missed being first. Scooter70 has all the info, and sooner too.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:07 AM
11 Second Club

yea i was lookin at your page last night, but how did you adapt the an to the outlet, where the fuel goes from the regulator and to the engine?!? and i can have someone weld or braze me a AN fittin onto the end of the return line right?!?or if not, how does that alluminum line work? like what fittings do i put on that? thanks for the quick respons guys

daniel
Old 10-21-2004, 09:38 AM
Staging Lane

I have that same Russel fitting on the fuel rail as well as the Corvette regulator and then plumbed it in aluminum line with 37 degree flare. The 3/8 aluminum line is available from aircondtioning parts suppliers at about half the price you pay in the hot rod shops. The only problem was I had to tighten the Russel fitting onto the fuel rail pretty hard to keep it from leaking. I still worry about it.

If I had it to do over again, I'd take the rail off and weld a fitting onto it. (When I take the engine out to powdercoat the frame, I probably will) There is a guy here in town who does custom brake lines, power steering lines and for about $20 he'll weld a male AN -6 to your rail. Perhaps there is somebody where you live who will do a similar service.

If you can weld or braze yourself, you can buy a -6 37deg flare JIC fitting at any hydraulic supply store and drill the center to slip over the fuel rail and weld/braze it.
Old 10-25-2004, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the kit from S&P, it's the same basic thing.....works clean!

Quick Reply: 99 corvette filter