Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1FOXBODY gas smell?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 03:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1FOXBODY gas smell?????

car smells like gas after it sits the garage over night. I know a few people on here as had this problem. What do I need to do to fix this. I've done searches this and no one seem to explain it in great detail.

I'm using a fuel cell if that helps.

Last edited by GM_GUY; 11-03-2004 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-04-2004, 05:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do you have the evap hooked up? The evap collects the vapors and runs it through a charcoal box i think.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by onehardmaro
Do you have the evap hooked up? The evap collects the vapors and runs it through a charcoal box i think.
No I don't. That can't be it because I know a few guys that have the stuff deleted for there car and there car doesn't smell like gas in there garage. Thanks though
Old 11-05-2004, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Mine doesn't smell at all and I have a 35 year old, vented cap, gas tank. Are you sure you don't have any leaks? I know that when my fuel pump was leaking just a little it would stink up the garage pretty quickly. (When the garage is attached to the house and the wife can smell gas in the bedroom, she makes you go out and fix it asap.)
Old 11-05-2004, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Scooter70
Mine doesn't smell at all and I have a 35 year old, vented cap, gas tank. Are you sure you don't have any leaks? I know that when my fuel pump was leaking just a little it would stink up the garage pretty quickly. (When the garage is attached to the house and the wife can smell gas in the bedroom, she makes you go out and fix it asap.)
I've been all over that car and there are no leaks. I had the car runninng for 30 minutes no leaks.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GM_GUY
No I don't. That can't be it because I know a few guys that have the stuff deleted for there car and there car doesn't smell like gas in there garage. Thanks though
Do they have the evap deleted or the egr and air; all different things. With out the evap nothing is there to catch the fumes, like in a carburated car.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have the evap system on mine and it doesn't smell. Most of the smell from the carb'd cars comes from the fuel that just sits in the bowls.

Quick Reply: LS1FOXBODY gas smell?????