Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help 6.0 swap in a jeep!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 08:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help 6.0 swap in a jeep!

Heres the deal. I bought a new 6.0l crate engine off of ebay. I am planning on matting is to a 700-r4 currently in the jeep. Everything I have read says that the bolt pattern on the 700 is 298 and the 4l60e is 300. I am a machinist and was planning to slot out the holes to make the pattern smaller. However when i went to do this the differance was more than half a hole at all three holes. My Question is does this sound correct? Also how can i hook up the kick down cable for the transmition? I have a cable throttle body but it would require a push cable rather than the pull style that i used with the 1st gen motor that was in the jeep. Also this motor does not seem to have a return line for fuel. I know it will need one what can i do? I would preffer not to change the fuel rails, are their any other options? I have read something about using a Vette fuel filter/regulator, is one of the fittings on thier a return fitting? Thanxs for any help you can give me, I need it!!!
Old 12-12-2004, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Part number for the Vette fuel filter/regulator would be cool!

-Matt
Old 12-13-2004, 04:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'm using a bosch fuel pump and aeromotive regulator, works well. as far as the kickdown/ TV cable, bowtie overdrives has a kit available for the f-body intake that could be adapted to a truck intake i'm sure. going the cheap route, i was able to grind the original cruise control lever off of the throttle body and rotate it 180* and weld it back on and it works perfect. made a small bracket to hold the cable adjuster end that i bolt to one of the intake bolts. one of those universal length kickdown cables works perfectly at max. length.