Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would it take: LT1 to LS1???

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would it take: LT1 to LS1???

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about swaping an LS1 into my 96 TA and I can't find any info for what it would take???

Could I just buy an LS1 motor/tranny, wiring harness, all the brackets, headers, ecu and just bolt it all in. Would it fire? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that easy, but I don't know, thats why I'm asking...

Thanks

Andy
Old 12-15-2004, 04:36 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll also need the K-member and rear crossmember, there's a ton of info if you use the search feature.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let me make a suggestion. If you have the realstate, buy a complete trashed car if you are dead set on doing this. Just so you know it probiably cost more to swap over to the LS1 when the LT1 can be a good performer if done right. That way you get the larger fbody brakes and possibly any other parts you may or maynot need. And just sell the rest off. If you wanted I guess you could just swap the entire harness off the car. That's alot of work but if you wanted the upgraded electronics and everything like the VATs to work then this would be the way to go. You could probliably just swap the steering columes and all. Just food for thought
Old 12-15-2004, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am doing the same thing i just bought a 95 firebird i am goint to put my ls1 in it this car will have no ac power steering i am putting strange brakes, my 12 bolt, k mwmbwe manual steering rack the car will basically be gutted for weight purposes truthfully i figure i can take all the wireing under the dash and remove it. good luck with your project i may need it as well i have all the time in the world i am not in a hurry.
as far as putting the ls1 in it get a direct drop out of a ls1 car with computer all accessories brakes abs trani ect and drop it in then work on wireing it up