Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need hwlp bad ls1 performance after install

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004 | 12:02 AM
Teching In

Default need hwlp bad ls1 performance after install

i have an 87 trans am with a 01 ls1 and 6 speed , the compurter is for a 01 6 speed but the harness on the car is an automatic , the car starts up runs idles and for the most part idrives great , but its not as fast as it should be , 1st gear is good lot of torque and power but 2 and up it kind of bogs out it dosnt have that ls1 high rpm pull like it should . i scanned it and came up with the usual evap , injection pump , but i hd a bank 2 sensor 1 not activaded so i replace both front 02 sensors the rears dont have anything in them right now , also its looking for 1-4 upshift malfunction but again i have a stick , i have no tach or speedo input either yet ididnt know if it needed it for anything performance wise , im open to any suggestions ,and which one the bank 2 sensor 1 o2 is and located

thanks.
Old 12-30-2004 | 12:42 AM
TECH Resident

If the PCM is flashed for an auto, you might be getting bit by the torque management in the PCM for the autos. Basically the PCM lays back on the timing once the motor is to the point where the tranny should shift. If it is saying 1-4 shift malfunction I doubt you have the PCM flashed for a stick. I'm not as knowledgeable as some on here but that would be my first guess if that is coming up as an error. That or you have something completely miswired and it is making the PCM behave like an auto. Likely no, but anything is possible I guess.
Old 12-30-2004 | 10:35 PM
Teching In

Checked Code Its 0803 1-4 Upshift Solinoid Dont Know What It Affects , Also I Tried A Friend Pcm Got The Same Performance
Old 12-31-2004 | 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

on your m6 computer that 0803 code is comming up because you dont have your skipshift pluged in.. and tach is very important. and vss sets up alot of tables also..
Old 12-31-2004 | 01:37 PM
Teching In

I Have A Digital Dash And Dont Know If Any One Has Accomplished Getting It All To Work The Tach Is Way Off Cant Get A Speedo Read Temp Dont Work And Oil Pressure , The Digital Mileage Dosnt Come Up Im Guessing It Was Stored In The Factory Computer , Any Way To Power It Up And Retain The Facory Mile
Old 12-31-2004 | 03:13 PM
Teching In

i was thinking , i have a sunpro tach with the cylinder selctor 4-6-8 so if i take the ls1 tach and input that into the sunpro then tap into the wire after the selctor and to my dash it should work . in therory . ?
Old 12-31-2004 | 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

I think it's pin 10 on the red connector on the PCM if you are using a 01 PCM. It should be a white wire if I am not mistaken. Set tach up for 4 cly operation and all should be good. That should get your tach working

Quick Reply: need hwlp bad ls1 performance after install