Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

inline pump question

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 01:45 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default inline pump question

I just got my Walbro pump(inline) and wondered if there was any drawback to running the pump so far from the tank (below tank). Some have put the pump on top of the tank. I would think that would shorten the life of the pump. For me to run the pump under the tank it would be pretty long(along the rear frame rail). Also what fitting will work on the pressure side(female) of the filter/reg.? A part # would be great. Thanks in advance.
Nick
Old 02-08-2005, 08:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 910 Posts

Ideally you want to mount an in-line pump as close to the tank as possible and no higher than the centerline of the tank. High pressure inline pumsp are great at pushing fuel, but not very good at pulling.

As for fitting on the filter and regulator, you have to be more specific. There are many types of filters and regulators that use all kinds of fittings. It could be SAE flare, NPT, straight thread O-ring...etc...

Andrew
Old 02-08-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I bought my fittings for my inline Walbro pump from Lightning Motorsports. I don't think that any of our sponsors carry what you're looking for. The thread isn't NPT, so don't try putting a 1/4NPT fitting on it or you'll trash the pump.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Thanks scooter70, I ordered the fittings for the pump but I still need the fitting for the corvette filter/regulator (female side). Also would it be crazy to try and flare (slightly) the male tube ends? Thanks.
Nick
Old 02-08-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

NAPA has fuel repair lines that have the correct barb to go into the regulator. On the two male ends of the regulator, I used Russell hard tube adapters. No flare necessary.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

All I could find was a female fitting to go into the outlet side of the regulator. Someone in another thread threw out NAPA part # 730-4927 and that turned out to be the female fitting. Anybody know what the part # is for the male fitting?
Old 08-18-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Scooter with the AN fitting to metric adaptor on the walbro did you use the supplied washer for the walbro pump as well or is it just the adaptor onto the pump?

Quick Reply: inline pump question