Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

storage crate for motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default storage crate for motor

I've got a 6.0L motor that I'm building for my Jeep, but It will be at least a year before it goes in, and probably at least two school semesters before I crack open the Long block to rebuild it. Right now I'm taking my time collecting the parts I need. That means the motor will spend a long time siting.

I live in Vegas, so most of the year it is generally warm, but in the winter it will drop as low as the high 20s during the night, and lately we've been saturated with twice the normal years rain fall.

I've been searching every where for a crate or container that I can seal the motor up in without worrying about moisture or anything else getting inside and fouling anything on the motor. I'd really like something I could vacume seal the motor in. If anybody could send me in the right direction to find this container I'm looking for, the one I know has to exsist. i can't be the first person that wanted to store a long block outside without it rusting. I don't know, maybe I'm being to paranoid.

Thanks for any info
Jason
Old 02-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Staging Lane

I'll store it for you in my car.
Buy really, I have always wrapper the engines in plastic n stored covered in a dry place. They have never shown any signs of rust
Old 02-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by T23LS1
wrapper the engines in plastic n stored covered in a dry place.
That's what I'm starting to think I'll have to do. The problem is finding a dry place. When it rains here everything outside gets wet, and I don't have a garage, but I do have a walk in freezer that we haven't been using lately, maybe I'll use that.