Sponsored by:

TRANS DAPT motor mounts SUCK

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 02:44 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TRANS DAPT motor mounts SUCK

bought the trans dapt plates to bolt to the ls1 that positions your motor in the stock location of the small block, and even allows you to use a regular chevy 3 bolt flange.

the tranny doesnt reach the crossmember, i had to elongate all the holes in the plate, JUST to get it to fit on the block.
now the drivers side mount doesnt line up because of the added thickness of the pads bolted to the block.
they are 1/2 plates. times that by 2 and the drivers side mount wont fall into place. guess what? its 1" off.
thickness of the plates owns me.

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and is there an alternative?
thanks
Old 04-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TJ
bought the trans dapt plates to bolt to the ls1 that positions your motor in the stock location of the small block, and even allows you to use a regular chevy 3 bolt flange.

the tranny doesnt reach the crossmember, i had to elongate all the holes in the plate, JUST to get it to fit on the block.
now the drivers side mount doesnt line up because of the added thickness of the pads bolted to the block.
they are 1/2 plates. times that by 2 and the drivers side mount wont fall into place. guess what? its 1" off.
thickness of the plates owns me.

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and is there an alternative?
thanks
I've seen the S&P mounts go in a car personally and they work well but the tranny was bolted to the engine and the tranny crossmember was located after. You can'y have too thick of an adapter or you'll only get only one side in like you said. I had som 1/4" steel ones made up from some drawing I got off this site but the holes are too big. The drawing said "all holes 9/16 in " but they are way too big and I have no way of locating the plate in the proper spot. I'm going to bite the bullet and order the S&P ones because from what I've seen they work, they look good, and they have all the fasteners included.
Old 04-17-2005, 09:29 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

the TD mounts had all the fasteners included as well.
ive seen the S&P mounts, and they are an exact version of the TD mounts, just 2x the price. i guess if they work, its worth the extra money, LOL.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i get the td mount?

Quick Reply: TRANS DAPT motor mounts SUCK