Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NP241C Speed Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NP241C Speed Sensor

I will be getting a NP241C to put in my '79 Chevy conversion. I was wondering if I should get an electronic or mechanical speed sensor. I will be putting cruise control in later.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

What type of engine and trans is the biggest deciding factor. If you can give a little more info it will help a lot.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a 350 Vortec with a 4L60E Tranny.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

If it already has the mechanical output on the transfer case then you can buy an adaptor that will let you keep the mechanical speedometer in your truck. The adaptor will have a vss output to run to the pcm to allow the tranmission to shift. Or you can go to a salvage yard and get an underdash harness out of a 89-91 suburban and they have an electric speedo cluster in them. IT will install right into your 79. Get the complete cross dash harness and the cluster. You can then run the check engine light from the vortec pcm to the burban cluster and retain all functionality. THis will allow everything to work and you can add the electric cruise from the donor truck the vortec came out of. It beats the **** out of the stock vaccum set up. If you need anymore help pm me. I did the same thing on a truck I have. I also can get you the underdash harness and cluster if you want to go that route. There is a salvage yard that we do a lot of business with through our shop and they have a couple of them they just got in.

Quick Reply: NP241C Speed Sensor