Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 S-10 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 S-10 Swap

First of all I just wanted to say hello to everyone here on the forum. I've been reading here for the past couple of weeks and thought I would join because there is so much knowledge and information here. I'm in the process of putting an LS1 into my '99 S-10 Zr2. I was just wondering for those of you that have done this or any knowledge about it of a good cam setup for this swap. I've done and search and found a lot of information about cams but not really what I'm looking for. I guess I'm looking for something to give me more low to mid range power than anything. Along with a new cam I'm planning on getting a 3 angle valve job done and maybe a port and polish job on the heads. Being new to the LS1 motor maybe you guys can give me some help and insight on how to get the most out of this motor without spending to much money. Like I said, it's going in an S-10 so I don't need much more power than what it already has. I'm shooting for around 380-400 rwhp and as much torque as I can get. Thanks a lot and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Chris
Old 05-31-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Hey Boss....

You are making things really difficult.

You want low end power AND 380-400 rwhp (which is gonna be probably 450+ flywheel hp). AND you don't want to spend much money while doing it.

And to top it all off, you're stuffing it in a 4wd S10. I think there are only a couple of those around in running condition (and a few that are in process).

I'm hoping you've already realized how much fun is involved in the 4wd portion of that swap and aren't jumping into it blindly.

Sadly, I don't have an answer to your camshaft question. I don't know. I'm in the research stage of a similar swap (LSx / 4L80E / AWD tcase into a 4door 4wd S10 blazer).

'Dreamin'
Old 06-04-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

check out the fourms on www.zr2.com In the "Ask Mike" section. He has swapped SEVERAL different LS-series engines in his truck.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I've been a member there for years and been working on that to. I've sent Mike an email and asked him for a little input as well. I know there are write ups on the site about his swap but when I search I can't find them. I don't know if it's because of the server change or what, but hopefully I'll find some. Thanks a lot

Chris

Quick Reply: LS1 S-10 Swap