Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 pace setter header in a 67 PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 67RSCamaroVette
I want to go from these to an "X" pipe.. How do i connect any tubing to the collectors? It's gotta be removable. Do i weld on some 3" triangle collector things? I've never seen LS1 headers before. Any help?
Utilizing 'slip fit' connections will allow you to do all kinds of stuff. Just like this slip fit 'X' will do just that for you:

Old 10-17-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, chicane. I'll do lots of research, and check out jegs and summit for the type pieces i need. I'll weld the X pipe, but i want the LT's to be removable. Shouldnt be that hard..
olly
Old 10-18-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Tom, do you slip fit everything, or just the collectors, I'm wanting to weld the tailpipes and slip fit the collectors,I have a feeling it will be lots of sanding,
Old 10-19-2005, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that depends on customer needs.

On the developement set, I had the primary merge's slip fit to facilitate an easy change of secondary/pre collector tuning that might be necessary from other component changes.

On the exhaust systems that I do, I weld everything past the collector as one solid piece...... and for good reason. In your ( /everyone's) case, the headers/collectors will be "fit" to use at the time of delivery. No additional sanding will be necessary. We can also provide the slips, themselves, that attach/weld to the remainder of your exhaust system..... so no sanding would be necessary there either.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well. If all works out the way "I" would like, I'll be running ATS headers, the right into the Dr. Gas X pipe, into the Rhino mufflers and Flowmaster Tail pipes, the header would slip into the x over and go from there, I guess well have to work the rest out when I'm ready to order them,

Quick Reply: LS1 pace setter header in a 67 PICS