Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1950's chevy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1950's chevy?

I don't have much experience with engines, but i'm looking into getting a 1950's Chevy in the next year and completely restoring it. I'm in the Navy so i have the means, i just need the knowledge. will an LS1 fit into an older chevy without much modification or is it going to be a pain? any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Launching!

yeah it wont be too bad making it physically fit. You will need motor mounts, and a tranny mount that work, and maybe a modified oil pan depending on motor mount location, and firewall clearance. Things will get a little harder from here because you will need to make some decisions whether or not you will want power steering, a/c, and stuff along the lines of getting it functional. It all depends on how much time and money you will want to spend on getting it running and driveable while providing all of the creature comforts.

Remington
Old 08-22-2008, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by kckuztomz0410
I don't have much experience with engines, but i'm looking into getting a 1950's Chevy in the next year and completely restoring it. I'm in the Navy so i have the means, i just need the knowledge. will an LS1 fit into an older chevy without much modification or is it going to be a pain? any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.
Well did you ever build the old Chevy?