Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure gauge fitting sizes

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure gauge fitting sizes

Somewhere earlier there was a link to a web site that showed how to install all kinds of equipment on LS1s. I can't find the site now. It showed how to drill out the oil sender adaptor casting, sizes and everything. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:38 AM
TECH Regular

Get a tap the same size as the pressure sender or fitting (for a mechanical gauge) and take off the small piece right above the oil filter held on with two 10mm bolts. Drill and tap the top of that piece for whatever you are going to put in there. On corvette motors it already has a fitting in there (i think for oil temp) but on fbody motors it just isn't drilled and tapped. Make sure that there is header clearance when the adapter is installed.. with some larger senders you may need to buy some adapters and combinations of 90 deg fittings to make the sender sit closer to the block so it isn't in the way of the headers/manifolds.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Try www.hotrodlane.cc in the '69 Camaro LS1 swap section. They show a lot of connections but you may be able to simplify it quite a bit depending on your header routing.

Old 08-02-2005, 02:49 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I found the adapters for metric to american at www.autobarn.com just type in metric adapter in the search. I am removing the oil pressure sender at the top back of the block 16mmx1.50 because the truck ecms don`t use it and using the adapter to put in my sensor. For the temp I am going to try having my 3/8 npt sensor turned down and threaded to 12mm x 1.50 to fit in the head.

Quick Reply: Oil pressure gauge fitting sizes