Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 wiring question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 wiring question.

I'm working on finishing my LS1 install in A 1969 Camaro. Got it started and it sounds great however When the ignition switch is switched off the car keeps running until it runs out of fuel. Anyone else have this problem or anyone possibly have A fix? Thanks Larry
Old 08-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Find out were your pcm and coils are getting power from. Move power source to post ignition.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Teching In

69cam, I am having this exact same problem with my LS1 swap into my 74 Corvette. The engine runs until there is no pressure left in the fuel system after the pump has kicked off.

I have verified that I am sending 12V switched, igntion power to the five pink wires near the PCM ( 1 PCM IGN Power, 2 Coil Power, 2 Injector Power ). If I turn the key to RUN, I get the proper voltage on these wires. If I turn the key to OFF, I lose voltage on these wires as normal.

The problem is, that once the motor is STARTED and I turn the key to OFF, I get voltage on those five wires until the fuel pressure runs out.

One more tidbit... I see 14.5V there with the alternator hooked up. I see about 12V there with only the battery there, alternator disconnected. With no Alt the engine stops as it should when the positive battery cable is pulled off.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 PM
Teching In

On the old MSD ignition there was a problem with the alternators backfeeding the ignition. Try it without the alternator plugged in. A diode took care of the problem.
Johnny