Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 in a boat????

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 in a boat????

Has anyone seen or done an install of an LS1 in a boat? I have a 23' Chapparel that needs a new small block chevy motor, and a '98 coupe waiting for a new motor for more power. WIll this work? What needs to be changed? I have the risers, manifolds, etc in the boat ready for a long block.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Search on here, there is at least one thread on here (conversions & hybrids) with the information you seek. Even has links and such.

To answer your question, it depends. Are they LS1 type risers / manifolds or classic SBC risers & manifolds? They don't interchange. I've seen LS1 manifolds around, just haven't seen the pricetags that go with them. I'd expect they're pretty steep, since you can't get OSCO ones or cheap knock-offs (yet), you're likely stuck buying factory parts or custom headers.

There are LSx motors running around in boats. Several manufacturers use the 6.0l truck motor in their boats (many of the skiboat type, probably some others).

'Dreamin'
Old 09-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by taaz024
Has anyone seen or done an install of an LS1 in a boat? I have a 23' Chapparel that needs a new small block chevy motor, and a '98 coupe waiting for a new motor for more power. WIll this work? What needs to be changed? I have the risers, manifolds, etc in the boat ready for a long block.
If you can get in touch with a company called Atlanta Inboard they have a "corvette boat" with a LS6 motor in it and im sure they can help you figure out exactly what you would need to do to make it work. But yes I have seen an LSx in a boat.

BTW Atlanta Inboard is located in Buford GA on Friendship Rd. srry but dont have their address or phone #.

Quick Reply: LS1 in a boat????