Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are there any mexican/US LS1 differences???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 09:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are there any mexican/US LS1 differences???

All,

I have the privilege of having some time on my hands and want to find out if there are any possible LS1 donors from/in Mexico. I know the Chevrolet-Mexico has the Vortech engines (as well they should since they're made there) listed for their newer trucks, but would like to know if there is a possibility there was an f-body variant, specifically, an aluminum block/head offered.

I may have to store my currently in stand-by status 65 Malibu conversion in Ensenada - due to available room limitations now that I have moved to San Diego.

Anyways, I thought I'd take a look around the wreckers and impound yards and see what I could find...

Any info appreciated!

Ricardo
Old 10-12-2005, 11:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Silioa, Mexico plant only manufacturers LM7/L59 (5.3L) varaints of the Gen-III/IV V8's. The rest is split between Romulus, MI & St.Catherines, ON.

Romulus makes LR4/LM7/L59/L33/LQ9/LH6 variants, and St.Catherines makes LS1/LS2/LS6/LM7/L59/LR4 variants.

Its a global platform, only real differences are in calibrations and some electronics no physical diffrences.