Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I know its not an LS1, but...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I know its not an LS1, but...

Has anyone ever thought of swapping the Vortec 4200 I-6 in a car?
Its 275/275 output would be pretty quick in an 80's B or G body with some decent gears. Don't they rev to like 6000? all aluminum too? MotorTrend tested one in a trailblazer and it did 0-60 in mid 7's and the quarter in like mid 15's...
Old 10-17-2005, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Default Interesting idea

I was wondering if GM had developed a I-6 to match the success of the LS1 Generation of engines. Would consider using this in a Jaguar XJS project. I am currently doing a LT1 in a 94 Jaguar XJ6.

Wonder if anybody is making support products for this engine, such as reworking the wiring harness, oil pan modification, motor mounts, transmission adapter plates and performance upgrades. Really like the idea of using this engine in a Jaguar XJS with a manual transmission. If you come across any swaping information please forward it to me at milrfamily@earthlink.net.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Launching!

I know a guy here in Houston that's running one in a '68 (I believe) Firebird Sprint that was originally a Pontiac OHC straight-6. He's running a FAST controller, as he had trouble getting the OEM PCM/harness to perform. Sorry, I don't have any details on that. I know you can find low-mile Trailblazer/Envoy drivetrains really cheap, so it would be interesting!
Old 10-17-2005, 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

I believe there is one in an old school Nova stationwagon with a large T-88 turbo on it running a BigStuff3 engine management. Supposedly can run 8's and is street driven.

Quick Reply: I know its not an LS1, but...