Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

t56 into a 68 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default t56 into a 68 Camaro

I'm helping my buddy put a 6 speed into a 68 Camaro, he has an article that does the install but they use an LT1 MC will this work with an LS1 slave??
in the pics that they show the LT1 MC and it looks like it's on a downward angle, I don't remember if the LS1 MC is the same.... if it is I don't see a problem using the LS1 MC instead...

Has anyone else done this swap and have any info on what it takes??? Let me know if you have any info.. thanks

deogey@rednecktoyz.com
Old 01-25-2002, 07:42 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: t56 into a 68 Camaro

The LS1 and LT1 use different slave cylinders at the transmissions. The LS1 unit is mounted behind the clutch disc inside of the bellhousing and the LT1 slave in mounted on the outside of the bellhousing. I think you are referring to the clutch master cylinder where the actuating rod comes out of. This is the angled unit which mounts on the firewall. These are slightly different too between the LS1 & LT1 but the angles are identical. Due to the difference in the slave cylinders, if you are using an LT1 slave, you'll need an LT1 clutch master cylinder because the connections are also different.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2002, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: t56 into a 68 Camaro

I have a 68 camaro also and I would like to do the same swap so if you could give helpful info when the project is finished I would appreciate it ..... you never know I might just go crazy and make a whole transformation and convert the 68 to an ls1/a4 convesion and the trans am into a big block powered fire breather!! but i doubt it b/c i love my daily driven ls1

Quick Reply: t56 into a 68 Camaro