Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for those of you doing suspension on you conversion...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default for those of you doing suspension on you conversion...

DON'T BUY FROM STITZ STREET RODS in ontario, ca. i thought they did good work after seeing their stuff put to use in tech articles of some various magazines... boy was i wrong. When i dropped off my car to get the work done i was promised 3-4 weeks...wrong after they put my car behind everyone else that called after me it took like 4 months. Then after detailed review when i was getting ready to finish tearing down my car I noticed how s#itty their work was. BIg *** spacers unfinished welds, (they used dynamat to cover the welds they didnt finishh causing my car to begin rusting. i also noticed the hammered the s#it outta my wheel houses to make my tires fit because these idiots dont know how to measure. Now i have to have all the work done again because NONE of it is right. It was all just thrown together. I hope i ruin their reputation
ss496
Old 11-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is why when you want something done right you just have to do it yourself. Most of us are perfectionist so we have a predetermined standard that we measure the work to and the mark is pretty high.

I called a well known suspension manufacture to get their advice on how to correct my cars ride height due to the light weight of the LS1 and all I got was some young kid's response like "I guess you will have to cut the springs."

I was expecting a detailed instructions of sometype of measurements to determine a solution or some component suggestions for a solution to my setup. So now my goal is just to figure it out myself and purchase the parts to correct my ride height. I find out everyday I know more than most of the next guy.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That goes for everything. I have never been satisfied with any work done by others (except for Olsen Engines in Nyack NY who honestly show they care time after time).
No one really gives a s***. It's just a job to them.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah if you want it done right you are going to have to do it yourself. I just needed to vent. I was pretty pissed after i found out because its going to hold up my project.
ss496

Quick Reply: for those of you doing suspension on you conversion...