Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pressure Dilema

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 05:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pressure Dilema

I finally finished my 95 3/4 ton 4wd chevy install. Everything's great, the truck runs like a scalded dog, except for one thing.

This condition only occurs after a few seconds of full throttle acceleration or when I try to cruise on the interstate over about 60 mph.

What happens is the fuel pressure drops harshly and instantly, to 40 or so psi. The truck begins to surge and if I hold the pedal long enough I lose throttle response totally (using fly by wire setup). I'm using an intake LS1 pump from GM and an aeromotive regulator. The pump is getting continuous voltage. I tryed bypassing the relay and computer and sending 12v straight from the battery, same results. I've checked all my lines and everything else outside the tank.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas before I drop this tank again?

Thanks y'all,
Davey Jordan
Old 02-04-2003, 07:50 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Fuel Pressure Dilema

I would rev you motor at an idle and measure the voltage at the fuel pump to see if it drops. My car had a voltage drop at the fuel pump which cost me 3MPH at the track. I ran a 10 guage wire directly from the alternator to the fuel pump with a relay at the fuel pump and mystery solved!

Quick Reply: Fuel Pressure Dilema