Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How did everyone do their gauges??

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did everyone do their gauges??

I am wondering how some of y'all have wired/installed your gauges. I tryed to splice in to my factory gauges speedo,tach,oil pressure,etc using my harness from Speartech but nothing worked. I know this was a shot in the dark as far as the old and new circuitry working and it didn't. Did you all just use mechanical sending units and gauges? Just looking for ideas. Thanks
--Davey
95 Chevy K2500 Vette LS1, NV4500, Posi Lok
Old 03-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: How did everyone do their gauges??

Alot of us are using autometer's various electrical gauges, but I bet you wanna keep your originals. Theres a couple of guys who have done swaps similar to yours, Im sure they'll chime in.

-Gordon
Old 03-30-2003, 10:20 AM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Davey,

The oil pressure and speedo should work fine. We've hooked several up to GM clusters without a problem.
I do see a potential tach problem with your combination though, I'll look into that.

91 Z28 LS2 408CI, LS9 Supercharger, LPE GT7 cam, Yank3000, 3450 raceweight.
Latest numbers: 9.71 ET, 141.42 MPH, 1.40 60' , 610 RWHP Mustang Dyno

www.speartech.com
Old 04-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got an FBody guage cluster. I took it apart and wired in the leads for data, VSS and oil press. It also needed 2 grounds, 2 ign on 12v+ and one 12v+ always.

I have the circuit board mounted inside my dash. Normally, the guage galvanometers mount right into the circuit board. I took these out and mounted them to my stock guages. I have leads connecting the galv. pins back to the inst. panel circuit board.

I've definitely got the oil pressure guage working. It jumps about 30* of travel on startup and another 10* for a throttle blip.

BUT, I have no ODO (still wired to circuit board - planned to splice wire extensions to mount it on the dash). I have no tach, and I can't see anything happening with the voltmeter, temp guage or fuel level (I have an FBody sending unit and tank).

So, basically it is looking like I did a whole ***-load of work with nothing to show for it.

I'm not sure what to do. The guy I bought the cluster from said it was from a 2000 LS1 Fbody. My motor and PCM are 99. Should all work together.

Quick Reply: How did everyone do their gauges??