Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 oil pan in 71 nova...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 04:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question LS1 oil pan in 71 nova...

I was wondering if anyone has put an LS1 into a nova of that body style and used the truck (trail blazer/ CK) oil pan, and if they had to still cut it to make it fit? I've seen a LOT of chevy II's with LS1's in them but they all have newer welded in front frames to them.....I have been looking for what motor I want to stick in a 71 nova, I just havent decided between an EFI small block or an LS1...I would LOVE to do an LS1 or an LQ9 with a 4L80, or even a T-56.....ANY SUGESTIONS WOULD BE MUCH APRECEATED.....I figure that if I take the A/C compressor off and use a short belt I wont have to notch the frame right there and the only other problem would be the oil pan....the wiring I can do with my dad....I work on F18 wiring every day at work, and have helped my dad rewire HIS drag car (my college fund...with wheels).....I want to have EFI in the nova because I am interested in learning more about tuning (thinking of using FAST) my dad is AFRAID OF THE LITTLE BOX....so to speak....

Last edited by JeRM82; 12-01-2005 at 04:18 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nova subframe is the same as the 1st gen Camaro's see all post related to the Camaros oilpan fitment, and that should answer all your Q's, but personally I haven't tackled it yet,