Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pics of my ls1 fox

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pics of my ls1 fox

ls1 powered fox, old pictures, new updated pics coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails pics of my ls1 fox-mustang-pictures-007.jpg   pics of my ls1 fox-mustang-pictures-009.jpg   pics of my ls1 fox-mustang-pictures-018.jpg   pics of my ls1 fox-mustang-pictures-015.jpg  
Old 01-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Teching In

That car is going to be quick when its done. What did you do for the motor mounts? SBC mounts on the aje k-member. With ls1/sbc adapter plates?
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

holy twin turbos!! thats gonna be a nasty lil guy
Old 01-24-2006, 10:01 PM
Staging Lane

aje k-member for sbc mounts bolted right up no fabbing or headaches, but also used adapter from advance adapters for gen3 to sbc mounting that I had laying around to give me extra height to clear the rack will get rid of power assisted rack for a manual soon.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Have you ever ran it?

What transmission are you using and how much does it weigh?

I dig it,
Josh
Old 01-27-2006, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by red jet
aje k-member for sbc mounts bolted right up no fabbing or headaches, but also used adapter from advance adapters for gen3 to sbc mounting that I had laying around to give me extra height to clear the rack will get rid of power assisted rack for a manual soon.
Where did you get the adapter, i.e. advance adpaters for Gen3 to sbc?
Old 01-27-2006, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up

Not a Ford guy at all, but I always kinda liked the looks of the notchbacks.

Cool project you got.

Mike
Old 01-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

thanks you guy for all the compliments, as for now I'm running the 4l60E I originally was going six speed, but everybody want's excessive amount of $'s just right now I'm working on the car and finishing up some last things. As for the adapters I honestly didn't have to use them and I bought from Advance Adapters, I just used them to clear the power assisted rack and pinion from the lower part of the oil pan, all you need is to order the AJE k-member for fox to fit SBC mounts and the adapters they come with will fit perfect, but you will have to use a manual rack due to the thickness of it to clear the oil pan. The car will be running soon with heads&cam and TNT 150 shot. As soon as I get all the bugs out from the conversion I will be concentrating on a iron block twin turbo set up. By the way guys it's alot work exploring into something nobody has done before. I don't care what people tell you It' not as easy, but hopefully in the future with my headaches and the other few guys headaches that are exploring the conversion it will be alot simple in the future once we figure out what works and not works.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

I guess that's one difference between using the SBC/Fox K-member vs. the 4.6L K-member... There's PLENTY of clearance for the power rack on the 4.6L setup.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by red jet
By the way guys it's alot work exploring into something nobody has done before. I don't care what people tell you It' not as easy, but hopefully in the future with my headaches and the other few guys headaches that are exploring the conversion it will be alot simple in the future once we figure out what works and not works.
i always wondered why people made it sound so easy. mine is lacking fuel lines and wiring. but it wasn't easy getting this far
Old 01-29-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by red90cobra
i always wondered why people made it sound so easy. mine is lacking fuel lines and wiring. but it wasn't easy getting this far
IMO for putting a motor/chassis combo that was never designed to be together it is fairly straight forward. alot of little things but not bad considering.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brains
I guess that's one difference between using the SBC/Fox K-member vs. the 4.6L K-member... There's PLENTY of clearance for the power rack on the 4.6L setup.
Do you think it is because the engine sets higher with the 4.6 setup or because it sets farther back...?
Old 02-15-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'd like to see some photos to compare, actually. My motor sits RIGHT off the firewall, I love the position. I wouldn't mind it being a little lower though, and I actually slotted the holes on my motor mounts a little to drop it down a bit as well.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

not a problem, will post up as soon I have a chance, as for now I haven't touched the car in three week it just sitting in the back parking lot of my dealership.

Quick Reply: pics of my ls1 fox