Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Banging My Head - No Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006 | 10:02 PM
Launching!

Default Banging My Head - No Start

Finally ready to light this thing off but she's not cooperating. Cranking but no start. Done a lot of trouble shooting but can't find it. Any suggestions appreciated.

Narrowed down to injector control signal. When you crank the engine the injector will pulse twice and then nothing else. We discovered this by using a noid light that plugs into the injector connection.

Have good fuel pressure during cranking
Have good spark
Tested crank and cam sensors for good power/ground
Checked and rechecked grounds
Injectors have good constant power during cranking just not getting control signal to activate (after 2 pulses)
Using VATS bypass module and have checked wiring and all looks good there.
Disconnected other sensors to ensure things like over temp weren't shutting the fuel off.

I don't have a scan tool but have access to one and hope to get it tomorrow or Thursday.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Tony 98LS1/88 TransAm GTA

Last edited by crewchef; 01-31-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2006 | 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Definately sounds like a cam sensor problem. That scantool will come handy because if sophsticated enough it will show a yes/no on crank and cam signals. Check all of your grounds at the pcm connector, because youre not pcm isn't pulsing. Check 12v power feeds. If using the vats bypass module it should still fire and if it were to be wired incorrectly it will shut off in about 4 seconds. Try spraying it with some carb cleaner down the intake and see what it does.
-Alex
Old 02-01-2006 | 01:35 PM
On The Tree

When i start mine first time I hooked up the fuel lines wrong and that drive me crazy. Check that out.
Old 02-01-2006 | 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That wouldnt cause you to have no noid on the injectors. He has perfect fuel pressure.
Old 02-02-2006 | 07:39 PM
Teching In

give dana at lt1 wiring a call.he's the man when it comes to lt1/ls1 wiring issues.
Old 02-02-2006 | 07:39 PM
Teching In

sorry,814-323-3021
Old 02-02-2006 | 07:45 PM
Launching!

Platinum, thanks for the info. My problem seems to be my VATS module and I actually got it from Dana. Not sure if it was bad to begin with or if I caused it somehow but either way Dana just said no problem, new one is in the mail. Great guy to work with. I'm sending the old one back to let him play with it to see if he can figure out what the actual problem is.

Anybody needing a VATS module should give Dana a call.

I'll be sure to post a new thread when this beast fires off.

Quick Reply: Banging My Head - No Start