Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fly by Wire on Conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 01:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fly by Wire on Conversion?

I just found out that the engine I bought (2000 C5 LS1) has a fly by wire throttle body. I had a shop recommend that I not try to get it to work in my Jeep Wrangler that the engine is going into.

Does anyone agree or disagree? What was the advantage to fly by wire? Supposedly he said just pick up a Camaro or Bird throttlebody to replace it and I don't have to monkey with grafting in the pedal assembly and running the other computer (seperate computer supposedly for the throttle control).

Advice?

Thanks!
Old 02-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Teching In

ttt
I'm also interested. I also have a 2000 C5 ls1 going into my old 79 vette. How much truble is the throttle control computer and installing the pedal assy? Anyone done it?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

I have the pedal retro fitted to my 52 styleline coupe wasnt very difficult. anyone with mild fab skills could do it...i picked up the pedal and the TAC (throttle actuator control) module and all wiring for it at a local late model salvage yard for 65 bucks.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you check the link in my signature, you can see how I have mounted my pedal and TAC for the ETC. One advantage is you can set it up as a cruise control also and save having to find and mount a cruise control module. My swap is not at the running stage yet so I can't tell you how it performs. But I do have the ETC in my 01 Silverado and it works great.

The pieces you need are the throttle body, which you already have, the pedal and the throttle actuator control (TAC) and the harness from the pedal to TAC. Try Ebay for the parts and the harness can be made by one of the harness vendors.

Pat

Quick Reply: Fly by Wire on Conversion?