Sponsored by:

Lt1 ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 ??

Hi all,
Well I bought an lt1 with auto trans, wiring harness,computer, etc today. I am going to be installing it in a 69 camaro and would like any help i can get about what things i might need. First of all, do i have to have different motor mounts or will the stock mounts work?
I would rather have an ls1 setup but they are expensive and I picked this combo up for $750. This was a good deal wasnt it? It came out of a recently totaled 95 z28. Maybe I jumped the gun, but I hadnt seen any go this cheap with everything included and would really like to use the extra money saved elsewhere on the project.
Any help appreciated,
Old 04-01-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes That Sounds Like A Real Good Deal And If The Parts Work Good Then You Realy Made Out. If I Could Get The Stuff That Cheap Id Dont The Same Thing Let Me Know If You Fing Anything Else Like That Deal.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

yeah, its a fairly good deal, the LT1 and SBC have the same motor mounts, you will probably have to buy a transmission crossmember to go with the A4 though. if you are looking for a cruiser with some pep the LT1 is the way to go for sure, cheaper than the LS1 and get good mileage.

for a fuel pump you should look at trying to rig up a whole 4th gen fuel tank into the car.

good luck with your project
Old 04-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Teching In

ok, thanks for the help!!!!