Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone ever build a kit car??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I could have sworn there was a post in here (the conversion or kit car forum) somewhere about a guy doing a GTM already.
There are some guys building already. I've been talking with David Borden a little bit over on corner-carvers and he has a little post following his progress on there. Tons of pics in his sig link.

They are beta builders though.... previous FFR customers.

I know of at least 2 guys already building.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rottluver
I could have sworn there was a post in here (the conversion or kit car forum) somewhere about a guy doing a GTM already.

There are some guys building already. I've been talking with David Borden a little bit over on corner-carvers and he has a little post following his progress on there. Tons of pics in his sig link.

They are beta builders though.... previous FFR customers.

I know of at least 2 guys already building.
Heres my post on ffcobra.com http://www.ffcobra.com/ubb/ultimateb.../t/000256.html

After well over 1000 hours, we are almost done. We are trying to do a near show quality build. We're taking it to knotts berry farm show in LA next weekend to show it. It wont be 100% but maybe 95% done.

Just took this video tonight

(right click save target as)
http://www.gtmbuild.com/galleries/vi...s-exhaust2.wmv

Just installed a new custom Kooks Exhaust system designed for the car.

David
Old 04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Teching In

I am building a "Diva Roadster". You can make it as basic or as high dollar as you want. Stage one is a frame and body and some extras like A arms and steering rack and column or stage two, stage three or turnkey. Its built for a small block chevy/ford but with some mods a LS1 and T56 will fit! For more info http://rmotorsport.info/
Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever build a kit car??-exhaust-026.jpg   Anyone ever build a kit car??-p4140001.jpg  
Old 05-04-2007, 10:37 PM
Teching In

The car is near complete, with only have a few details to work out. We put a number of final touches on the GTM till 1:30am Thursday evening and headed out to the Knott’s Berry Farm show on Friday morning of last week. We tied for best of show out of 80 cars.

Here are some shots of the car in front of the FFR trailer.

David
Old 05-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Default Kit Cars

My first kit car was the 180 th Factory Five Cobra - 10 years ago.
It went together in 11 weeks, less paint.
My second was a Thunder Ranch Ferrari 250GTO on a 77 280Z with a 400+ H.P. ford 5.0
I am now working on a LS1 powered 41 ****** pickup kit on a S10 chassies.
Bill
Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever build a kit car??-left-front-angle.jpg   Anyone ever build a kit car??-r0100048.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone ever build a kit car??