Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another bug fixed

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006 | 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Another bug fixed

Thanks to board members Schitzo and Speartech I was able to cross another couple bugs off my list. My starter was running on after start up and fixed that by installing a relay in the starter circuit. No more annoying and embarrassing sounds when I fire up. The cruise control mode of my ETC throttle was not working. And after much trouble shooting and wire tracing I found that the Set switch in my cruise control stalk was bad. Fortunately I had another turn signal/cruise control stalk. Switched it out and now it works just as it should. Thanks for the help guys.

Next is the A/C. I got a longer belt from Speed & Performance in the mail yesteday. Hope that one is long enough. Then I can get that installed and get all the plumbing connected and be set for some cool cruising. I also have some old Traction Master style traction bars that will go with traditional external look of my car. Need to get those installed and I think then I will be able to call this portion of the project "Done". I do have a few follow on projects but the end is in sight! Until I decide to do something else.

Pat
Old 06-06-2006 | 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds good, glad your getting the bugs out. Why don't you just get the belts from the local auto parts store? Take a rope or string and wrap it around the pulleys, find the length and pick up a belt local. Probably much cheaper as well.

I'm just starting to create bugs.

Last edited by stealth71; 06-06-2006 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-06-2006 | 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I already paid for a belt when I bought their A/C mount set up, so was trying to get one that works from them. If this one doesn't work, I'll get one local and send them all back and ask for a credit. I already did the string thing and gave them the measurement, so hopefully this belt will work.

Good luck with your bugs, hope they are as few as I had and all minor.

Pat
Old 06-06-2006 | 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you are welcome....

.good to hear things are running right......I am still grinning ear to ear everytime I drive this thing.