Sponsored by:

02 Sensor question for my LS1 swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 02 Sensor question for my LS1 swap

HI:

I will be picking up my '84 T/A from the exhaust shop tomorrow and they have it about all set but they did not install the 02 sensors because they did not know which ones went where. They said that on many cars there are differences between the front and rear 02 sensors.

Is this the case with the ls1 engine? are the 02 sensors specific for the front and rear? or does it not matter? If they are, how do I tell which ones go in front?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-BV

ps. regarding another thread I still have to solve my starter motor issues before I can start my car up for the first time...
Old 06-16-2006, 10:07 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Most of the time I think the sensor is the same for the front and the back, but the connector is different. I know that is how it is for the truck motors, one connector is a flat four wire (front 02`s) and the other connector is a square 4 wire (rear o2`s). I am not sure but the f-bodies are probably the same way, that way no one unplugs them both and then plugs the o2`s from behind the cats into the front o2 harness plugs.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe there are different part numbers (says Alldata), but that is because the cable length is different.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

On my 99' F-Body LS1 engine swap into my Chevelle, they can be swapped. they have the same connector but just different lenghhs of wires.. I have removed the back sensor from my wiring harness. But this alos depending on what you are doing (SMOG) and what LSx engine you have.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

cool, thank you!

I have an '02 engine.

I'll check the connectors and plug wire length, thank you!!

-BV

Quick Reply: 02 Sensor question for my LS1 swap