Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injectors clogged?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Fuel Injectors clogged?

I have a 6.0L that's been sitting for a few years and I'm using the speartech harness for the conversion. All sensors plugged in. The PCM is working (check engine light on while starting and fuel pump primed) but it the starter just cranks and won't start. I had a fuel leak at the AN fitting at the rail so I know I'm getting fuel there. Is it possible for the injectors to be so clogged and varnished that they would'nt fire even a little?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You bet! happens all the time. They will stick bad enought that they will not pass a drop of gas. You can usually unstick them by cycling them with 12 volts across the injector. You can hear the difference when they finally unstick. I have had to cycle them up to a couple of dozen times to make them unstick. After you get them unstuck, then run an injector cleaner through them, and they will be like new.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 07-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine were varnished up too. I used a different method to clean them though.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:29 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How exactly do you cycle the injectors with 12 volt power?
Also while doing a search for no start problems some guys said they soaked the injectors in seafoam to loosen up deposits. Any other ways that are better just to get them going?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:38 AM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The way he is talking about cycling them with 12V is by disconnecting the electrical connector from the injector and hooking a battery or charger directly to the injector. You would hook the + side of the battery to the side of the injector connector where the pink wire normally hooks to and then hook the negative side to the other side of the injector and just keep connecting/disconnecting a either wire until you hear the injector clicking open and closed. It is a bit more of a brute force approach than soaking the injectors in seafoam, but there is no waiting for soaking time with this method. Which way is better I can`t really tell you, but with my patience level I know which way I would probably try .

Quick Reply: Fuel Injectors clogged?