Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I got weighed....

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I got weighed....

Actually my car did. Weight is 3400 pounds with about 10 gallons of gas in the tank. I thought it would be a little lighter since the original curb weight of the car was 3100. But things like A/C, power windows, modern seats etc all add up. Not sure how the LS1/4l60e compares to the original flathead six and 3 speed manual, but it probably added some too. Anyway I think that is still less than a typical F body. One of these days I will get it out to the track and see what kind of number it will run.

Pat
Old 07-10-2006, 08:00 AM
9 Second Club

nice setup. however, that's right at a typical stock'ish weight hard top f'body.

i'll guess around 12.3x with traction if the heads/cam are stock. a track vid would be nice to see that thing moving! good luck.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:26 PM
TECH Resident

I just spent all day Saturday flogging my sedan at the drags. It was the annual "Rat Fink Party" at Palmdale (Los Angeles County Raceway) and all the hot rods entered could make unlimited passes down the 1/4 mile. It was alot of fun to "do laps" and I got in 10 runs total. The first two runs were exciting as the 'ol sedan just wouldn't go straight but it finally settled in and ran mid 13's and 97 mph for the rest of the day. The problem with LACR is it's 3200 foot altitude and the really crappy air density but it was great fun blowin' off alot of other hot rods with a Sunday cruiser.