Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 in a Crown Vic cop car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha! I was thinking of you when i clicked on this thread!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, awww I miss you too!
Old 08-31-2012, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats bitchin. More info is definitly needed.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:51 AM
11 Second Club

Build Thread:

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...2606603&page=1

Up and running:

More to come soon! Still getting all the lose ends done up underhood, then heading to the scale followed by some exhaust work/tuning.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96gt4.6
Build Thread:

http://www.crownvic.net/ubbthreads/u...2606603&page=1

Up and running:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgaNsEJ4-E0

More to come soon! Still getting all the lose ends done up underhood, then heading to the scale followed by some exhaust work/tuning.

I'm a member of crownvic.net too, and I have a 98 CV and I'm doing this for sure now I know its been done? Question: Will you build me one of those turbo manifolds you made for your car, I'll pay you whatever you need to build one for me since I know it fits right and it looks like it flows ten times better than a flipped exaust manifold style. Also what mounts did you use or did you fab your own? I have a million questions but I'll leave it a 2 for now :-)
I cant wait to see how it runs, you think you'll get 10's w/ slicks?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:19 PM
11 Second Club

Although i'd like to not give away all the build process, if not for the help of Parish8 on my Mustang build, it would have taken me much longer to figure things out, so in light of that, i'm willing to return the favor to my fellow members here on tech.

It's nothing special really, just put things in place and see what your next move will be. On the mounts, I ended up using the Dirty Dingo FU (Factory Upgrade) 4.6L Mustang mount adapters, with the stock Crown Vic 4.6L mounts. The Dirty Dingo's are advertised as 1" Forward, neutral or 1" Set Back if I recall. Due to the Vic's mount clamshell design, you are only able to use the Full set back, or full forward setting I THINK. It's been a few days. I used the full set back setting, as it lets the stock pickup pan clear the K member beautifully.

I originally tried making my own mounts like I did on my Turbo Mustang setup, but it set the motor a little too low and I had K member interference. If one were to take the time, you could still make a set of mounts no problem tho. To me, it was just easier to drop the coin for the Dingo's and keep on trucking.

As far as the log, unfortunately I have no Jig, and no way to produce another one short of having the car/turbo in front of me and making one from scratch. It's pretty much a one off, but nothing one can't make with a little time, chop saw, and a MIG welder. I purchased a builders kit from www.mandrelbends.com for like $150 and made it. I also have virtually no free time and plan on having some fun next year with this setup, so i'm not currently interested in side work. It's not hard at all tho, just get or borrow ya a chop saw and get some extra tubing and practice practice and you'll get the hang of it. That's how I did mine, I'm not a welder by any means, and that one didn't come out too bad.

As far as 10's, idk we'll have to see. I have a turbo with a very small exhaust wheel so i'm limited in power potential there, plus I have a stock stall converter too. I'd be happy with mid/low 11's like the Mustang was honestly. Also depends on what this beast weighs in at. Stock weight is 3700 empty, so i'm probably looking at 4k+ with driver. Going to take at least 15lbs and some good gas to get into the 10's i'm pretty sure.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

96gt, do you still check in here?
Old 05-03-2014, 08:16 AM
11 Second Club

Indeed! Still here. Sold this car long ago though, lots of videos on YouTube under the username:moparman20

Quick Reply: LS1 in a Crown Vic cop car.