Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer reflash?????????Heeep mee!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer reflash?????????Heeep mee!

i recently installed a 5.3 in my 85 silverado 4x4. after a few snags things are finally coming to a completion, or at least i thought. my friend has hptunners, and the software he has includes 98 fbody (all) and 2002 silverado (all). this is pretty simple right. i have recieved three pcms for silverados from salvage yards and i finally got one for an 02, happy days, but when i plugged it in to my truck and started to program it i found that it is for a TAHOE, (damn it man). hptunners will not do anything now since the vin reads tahoe instead of truck, pardon my french but that is pretty shitty. so now that ive calmed down, here is my question. since i am not having much luck finding the right pcm and i have 3 useless ones what do you think about this. my dad has a 02 silverado/5.3. when you look up the number at a salvage yard, the tahoe and truck are supposedly the same computer, so is there any way to put one of my computers in my dads truck and flash my dads vin# so that it becomes a silverado computer and then use it in my truck??????????? help
Old 08-03-2006, 01:05 PM
Banned

I send you a PM
Old 08-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

have your friend get 2 extra single vehicle credits for hptuners if he doesnt already have any

then you wont have to do any of that
Old 08-03-2006, 02:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acdcgcsc
I send you a PM
What was the PM? to call Superior Harness Company? I think in his broken English, this is all the help acdcgcsc ever offers.

Kingb,

You might try going to the service dept of your local GM dealership, not the service desk, go right in to the garage and talk to one of the service techs to see if you could slip him $20 to reflash the ECM for you.
You can make it easier for him by bringing one of the computers to flash, bring your dads truck so he has a place to do it, and find a VIN for the type of vehicle you need it to be.
I've had to do this in the past and had good luck.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:28 PM
9 Second Club/LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't need to keep buying PCM's. We have all of the GM PCM flashing equipment. You can send one of your Tahoe PCM's and we can flash it as a Silverado for $50. Or if you don't want to spend any more money, send me two PCM's and I'll return one with a Silverdo flash and keep the other as payment.

91 Z28 LS2 408CI, LS9 Supercharger, LPE GT7 cam, Yank3000, 3450 raceweight.
Latest numbers: 9.71 ET, 141.42 MPH, 1.40 60' , 610 RWHP Mustang Dyno

www.speartech.com
Old 08-03-2006, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

i tried to get the chevy tech from a local dealer to put my computer in my dads truck, flash it to that truck and i would put the original back in or something of that source. he didn't want to do it. thanks for the help

Quick Reply: computer reflash?????????Heeep mee!