Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shipping Weight on a 5.3L?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping Weight on a 5.3L?

I am buying a 2005 5.3L from 1QuickT-A and we need to know how much it weighs for shipping. It is a complete motor including wiring harness and computer. It also has the starter, alternator, A/C compressor, power steering pump, all accessories. Hopefully someone out there has shipped one of these before and can tell us approximately how much this weighs. Thanks....
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ballpark would be around 600lbs
Old 08-22-2006, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need more info:

Iron block or Alum block (5.3 is available both ways).

Will this be crated?

For info, my 6.0L LQ4 in a crate was 695lbs but that didnt' include any accessories. Crate was pretty heavy, definitely over 100lbs probably closer to 150lbs (it was 3 pallets (one of which was super duty) and some 2x3's).

Also, if you're shipping it truck freight (which I'm sure you are), make absolutely sure you get the correct freight class. There is a class for used automobile engines, should be freight class 70. Higher freight classes (up to 500) are more expensive, lower (down to 50) is cheaper. Lower classes also are lower liability classes, which means if you ship an engine by class 50 and it gets broke, good luck getting any damage money from the trucking company.

Just some observances from doing it before.

'JustDreamin'

Quick Reply: Shipping Weight on a 5.3L?