Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

s10 throttle cable for ls1????

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default s10 throttle cable for ls1????

what throttle cable is everyone using and where can i get a alternator bracket and resivor off a vette???
Old 09-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Staging Lane

gm it will cost you should get the right bolt sizes for the bracket too. You can get the 4.3 throttle cable and cruise control from a junkyard or ebay you don't need it if you got a 4.3l just 2.2l. These little things will nickel and dime you so get a large list and then buy everything.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:02 AM
On The Tree

thanks alot appreciate it
Old 09-01-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

I'd suggest you shop around for the vette accessories. Check out CarPart.com....

Be warned that nothing really interchanges with the vette stuff.

The vette powersteering pump is unique
The vette alternator isn't the same as the truck alternator (can't say about the camaro alternator).
You need the vette harmonic balancer (its different)

I ended up sourcing all these pieces from a bunch of different places.
I picked up the vette PS pump / bracket / reservoir / idler pulley from a salvage yard for $150.
I picked up a truck 145A alternator for $50 (best looking used alternator I've ever seen, BTW), but had to make a custom mount to make it fit (I didn't realize GM has at least 2 different bolt patterns for their alternators and they're different by about 10 mm).
I used an LS2 style waterpump (its shorter) that I bought for $90 off of a guy with an LS7 crate motor who had switched to an electric pump (pump had 10 minutes of run time, looked perfect)
Balancer I picked up from somebody who put an LS6 crate motor into an RX-7 (which needed the F-body accessories). I think I paid $40 for it (brand spankin new).
I picked up the belt tensioner new from one of the GM dealers, I can't remember how much it was, but it wasn't too ridiculous.

'JustDreamin'

Quick Reply: s10 throttle cable for ls1????